The locknut is a nut, which is screwed together with a bolt or screw to play a tightening role. An original piece that all manufacturing machinery must use. The locknut is a part that tightly connects mechanical equipment through the inner side. Threads, lock nuts and screws of the same specification can be connected together.
Only the following methods are required to cooperate with the locknut and washer:
1. The anti-loosening washer is very easy to install. Just put the inner helical tooth surfaces of the two washers opposite each other and place it between the nut and the connecting material.
2. After the nut is tightened, the radial convex surface on the outer side of the lock washer and the contact surface at both ends are in a state of engagement, and the slope angle of the inner helical tooth surface of the washer is greater than the thread angle of the bolt.
3. When the bolt is elongated due to mechanical vibration, the nut will rotate loosely. The friction force of the outer radial convex surface of the lock washer is greater than the friction force between the inner helical tooth surfaces, so that in this state, only the relative displacement between the inner helical tooth surfaces is allowed to generate lifting tension. The bolt is contracted by the elongated bolt.
4. When the bolt shrinks, the helical tooth surface of the washer will return the nut to its original position.
5. Lock washers are only suitable for flat and smooth metal surfaces.
6. If the connection material is non-metallic material, a metal plate can be fixed on the connection material, so that the lock washer can be used.
7. No torque wrench is required when installing the lock washer.