1. Definition: The retaining ring for the shaft is also called the shaft retaining ring, the elastic retaining ring for the shaft, and the outer retaining ring. It is installed on the slot shaft and used for axial movement of fixed parts. The inner diameter of this type of retaining ring is slightly smaller than the diameter of the assembly shaft. The role of the bearing retaining ring is to prevent unnecessary axial movement of the bearing. The DIN471 standard stipulates the elastic retaining ring for ordinary shafts with a shaft diameter of 3-300mm and the elastic retaining ring for heavy shafts with a shaft diameter of 15-100mm.
The style of the retaining ring for the shaft is subject to our actual supply and cannot be specified.
The material selection should be spring steel, refer to DIN EN 10132-4, and the general spring steel materials are mainly C60.
2. Shaft retaining ring specifications: According to the thickness s of the retaining ring, it can be divided into Normal type and Heavy type, that is, ordinary type and thickened type (heavy). Please consult the specific product size.
3. The hardness of the retaining ring for DIN471 shaft is as follows:
d 1 ≤ 48 mm hardness: 470HV-580HV
48 mm <d1 ≤200 mmHardness: 435 HV-530HV
200 mm <d1 ≤ 300 mmHardness: 390 HV-470 HV
4. Surface treatment of the retaining ring for shaft:
The surface of the elastic retaining ring used for spring steel shafts is generally boiled and oiled. Because the retaining ring must be deformed during installation, it is rare to see electroplated zinc on the surface (risk of hydrogen embrittlement fracture) and non-electrolytic zinc sheet coating (coating peeling ) Products, our company does not recommend customers to choose the use of plated shaft retaining ring.
5. The routine testing of the retaining ring mainly includes hardness test and bending test. Other tests are not available temporarily:
Material hardness test: Vickers hardness according to DIN EN ISO 6507-1
Bending test: After the retaining ring is bent, there must be no cracks in the bent part.
Elasticity test: When the inner diameter of the shaft retaining ring is enlarged to 1.01 d1 three times (possibly caused by permanent deformation), the retaining ring can still be installed in the smallest groove diameter. According to the GB959.1 test procedure, the positioning ring is used to open the retaining ring for the shaft, so that the inner diameter is enlarged to 1.01 d1, and then relaxed for five consecutive times. After the test, the inner diameter of the shaft retaining ring after the inner diameter test should not be greater than the minimum value of the groove diameter.
Seam gauge test: Put the retaining ring in a parallel and vertical seam gauge. The width of the seam gauge is 1.5s (d1 is not greater than 100mm) and 1.8s (100mm <d1 ≤ 300mm). Flattening test: The retaining ring is placed in the middle of two parallel plates. Under the loading force, the test distance of h-s cannot exceed the maximum value given in the standard. If the finished surface of the retaining ring is not flat, it can be tested.
(Elasticity, toughness, seam gauge, flattening test are not provided by our company for the time being.)